From one reader to fellow readers
20th July, 2019
Dear fellow readers,
I'm writing this letter to pursue you all into reading this amazing book. Read further to know why.
1. If you aren't intrigued by the title of the book(Book club) already, this book captures the readers feeling perfectly and the characters relate around books and literature and the people in the book recommend & gift books to each other.
“That's what I love about reading: one tiny thing will interest you in a book, and that tiny thing will lead you to another book, and another bit there will lead you onto a third book. It's geometrically progressive - all with no end in sight, and for no other reason than sheer enjoyment.”
2. This historical fiction written in epistolary format will steal your heart from the very first page. Even though it's told in letters, the character development is amazingly done.
3. The characters are the best part of the story. You get to meet some quirky, warm-hearted, kind and caring souls. -Elizabeth is like the needle point of a compass, the story revolves around her. She is brave, caring, extra caring and super caring. - Our own Juliet Ashton who is so determined and fascinating and is also fun to be around. -There are many amazing characters, nice Dawsey Adams(I wanted more of him.. He came throughout the movie but not in the book), lively and high spirited Isola, sweetie pie Kit, cute Sidney, wonderful Amelia and many more. Each of them is unique in their own way. You don't have any other options other than falling in love with them all except 2 people who you'll know why when you read the book(Read, read, read!!!)
4. This book will make you laugh and cry. It's the personal touch and you get to meet bits and pieces of people who survived through World War 2. You will feel the pain but it's not a depressing book. You'll know how brave the people were and how compassionate they were even in their low points.
5. You will also find it educational like me as you get to know about pieces of history, Nazis and Channel islands. Warning: It'll make you want to write letters, to plan for a trip to Guernsey and also to read Charles lamb. Yours ever, A reader
----------Hiii!!! I’m Sabarritha, an IT analyst by profession with a passion for reading. I'm from Chennai, India. I love to draw and DIY. I watch movies, series, Kdramas.