(Image Courtesy -Uma @books.bags.burgers )
AND THE LAST DAY!! I am overwhelmed you guys and I think I can safely say we all NEED book 2 right now! Also did you guys read the excerpt from "Unravel the Dusk" at the end of the book? It made me tear up a bit!
! SPOILER ALERT ! The following post contains spoilers for the chapters 35 to epilogue. So unless you’ve read them, DON’T PROCEED ! SPOILER ALERT !
-S P O I L E R S-
OKAY WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
Okay let me calm down and try to be coherent.
So when the Emperor told everyone she was Maia I got so scared at first. I thought he might decide to punish her after all. But I was so glad that didn't happen and when she wore the dress and it glowed so bright!! i SO WANT TO SEE HOW THE DRESSES LOOK YOU GUYS!
When she kissed Edan and hoped for her wish with all her heart I was SO EMOTIONAL AHH. I'm so glad the King didn't notice right away that the amulet was broken. That would have been a catastrophe.
So Maia lied to Edan. I understand why she did it but I also feel super bad for him! Imagine how gutted he'd feel when he finds out. and it may not be for a while. I mean he's leaving to learn about enchanters cut off from their oath and MAIA OMG *cue crying*
When the demon came I just wanted to lash out at him AHHHH that cruel, lying demon has created such a big problem I'm not sure how Maia is going to fix it.
OKAY SO WAIT MAIA IS GOING TO TURN INTO A DEMON??? NOOOO THIS CAN'T BE! I hope she figures out a solution or maybe Edan will in his travels but he doesn't even know about Maia's problem yet. THIS IS SO COMPLICATED AND I'M WORRIED. I CAN'T DEAL!
ALSO I was glad Maia didn't use the magic potion for her father and Keton and somehow that makes me happy. BUT OMG THE DRUMS ARE STARTING TO HAVE THEIR EFFECT ON HER AND AHHHHH
FULL BOOK DISCUSSION
Things I loved -
- The writing was super beautiful ahhhh. I just love how she weaves (pun intended) the words so beautifully.
- Okay so I loved the romance, despite it having been a bit fast. But Maia and Edan are just cute and I SHIP IT SO HARD.
- Maia and Keton's sibling love. Although we didn't see that much of it, I loved the little snippets of conversation and memories.
- The plot - This was nothing like anything I'd read before. Such a unique retelling and there was so much originality that I just ABSOLUTELY loved it.
Things I didn't love -
- quite honestly, nothing. Maybe I'd have liked for the romance to be more fleshed out but honestly it's no complaint at all.
-L E T U S D I S C U S S -
How did you enjoy the book?What is your rating?Tell me everything!
Uma @books.bags.burgers is a crazy albeit nice book dragon who when not decoding the human existence in secret labs, spends the day bemoaning her lack of pastel books and trying to make sure her TBR doesn't kill her overnight.