The Starless Sea - Special Edition Box
From the New York Times bestselling author of The Night Circus, a timeless love story set in a secret underground world–a place of pirates, painters, lovers, liars, and ships that sail upon a starless sea.
Use code SEEKING to get FREE SHIPPING
- This is an Experiential Book Box where the Reader can have an immersive experience while reading the books, and opening Gifts which Corresponds to Objects/Quotes which are mentioned in the Book. This is our Special Curated box, very different from our Monthly Book Boxes and very much like our curated Fandom Boxes like Harry Potter etc.
- This Box will contain the UK Hardcover Edition of the Book - "The Starless Sea" . All Gifts and merchandise in this Box will correspond to elements from this book, hence giving you a Real-time feeling of the Book coming Alive in your Hands. This experience is very fulfilling
- You are requested to open the Gifts, which will be Hand Packed individually and will bear a Page Number, to open it only when you reach that Particular Page in the Book. This will enhance your experience Multifold.
- There will be a Total of 7-10 merchandise in this Box made/procured specifically to correspond events and objects mentioned in the Book. This Box will be Jam-Packed with Curated Merchandise which will bring the Book Alive. It is will contain double the number of items than our normal Monthly Boxes.
- We have taken the Creative Liberty to convert ideas/objects from the book into Bookish Merchandise. For example, it might be difficult for us to present the Real Moon and Stars mentioned in the Book, in a Box, so they will be "represented" in one form or the other.
- This Book releases worldwide in November 2019. It is expected to reach India and to us in late November. The Dispatch dates of these Boxes will primarily depend on the Books reaching us.
- Delivery timelines depend from city to city ranging from 5-7 days after the dispatch.
- This Box cannot be Cancelled after you have placed your Bookings. Refund/Replacement may be initiated if there is any damage of any kind to the Box or the products while in Transit.
LIMITED NUMBER OF BOXES ARE AVAILABLE
About the Book
Far beneath the surface of the earth, upon the shores of the Starless Sea, there is a labyrinthine collection of tunnels and rooms filled with stories. The entryways that lead to this sanctuary are often hidden, sometimes on forest floors, sometimes in private homes, sometimes in plain sight. But those who seek will find. Their doors have been waiting for them.
Zachary Ezra Rawlins is searching for his door, though he does not know it. He follows a silent siren song, an inexplicable knowledge that he is meant for another place. When he discovers a mysterious book in the stacks of his campus library he begins to read, entranced by tales of lovelorn prisoners, lost cities, and nameless acolytes. Suddenly a turn of the page brings Zachary to a story from his own childhood impossibly written in this book that is older than he is.
A bee, a key, and a sword emblazoned on the book lead Zachary to two people who will change the course of his life: Mirabel, a fierce, pink-haired painter, and Dorian, a handsome, barefoot man with shifting alliances. These strangers guide Zachary through masquerade party dances and whispered back room stories to the headquarters of a secret society where doorknobs hang from ribbons, and finally through a door conjured from paint to the place he has always yearned for. Amid twisting tunnels filled with books, gilded ballrooms, and wine-dark shores Zachary falls into an intoxicating world soaked in romance and mystery. But a battle is raging over the fate of this place and though there are those who would willingly sacrifice everything to protect it, there are just as many intent on its destruction. As Zachary, Mirabel, and Dorian venture deeper into the space and its histories and myths, searching for answers and each other, a timeless love story unspools, casting a spell of pirates, painters, lovers, liars, and ships that sail upon a Starless Sea.